Whats in the box?
About the Weekly Local Produce Box
-For $25, customers can purchase a share of local produce from our network of farmers in Louisiana & southern Mississippi. The produce in the box is a mix of naturally (organic methods, but not certified), conventionally, and (occasionally) certified organic fruits & vegetables.
-If you are coming to the market, no reservations/subscriptions are necessary. Just stop by the market any day (hours are Sat.-Sun 8am-5pm, Mon.- Fri. 10am-7pm) and pick up a weekly local produce box! (Boxes are not available on Fridays, when we offer sales throughout the store.)
We do not have boxes on Friday (by choice) and we occasionally run out of boxes on Monday. To check availability on Mondays, head on over to our facebook page. We post every Monday morning to alert you to shortages or substitutions of the box.
The Box for Saturday, August 1st through Monday, August 3rd*
– Organic Blueberry Jam (Blue Tara, Poplarville, MS)
– Pea Shoots (NOLA Microgreens, New Orleans, LA)
– Beets (Up to Grow Good, Cottonport, LA)
– Red Potatoes (Up to Grow Good, Cottonport, LA)
– White Peaches (Cherry Creek Orchards, Pontotoc, MS)
– Sweet Potatoes (Pointe Coupee Minority Growers’ Co-op, Bachelor, LA)
– Okra (Fekete Farm, Hungarian’s Settlement, LA; Pointe Coupee Minority Growers’ Co-op, Bachelor, LA)
– Butternut Squash (Up to Grow Good, Cottonport, LA)
– Mustard Greens OR Bibb Lettuce (LA Hydroponics, Flora, MS)
– Peppers: Jalapeno (hot) OR Carmen (sweet) (Inglewood Organics, Alexandria, LA)
– Limes (Backyard Grower, New Orleans, LA)
– Herbs (Community Grower, New Orleans, LA)