What's In the Box?
About the Weekly Local Produce Box
-For $25, customers can purchase a share of local produce from our network of farmers in Louisiana & southern Mississippi. The produce in the box is a mix of naturally (organic methods, but not certified), conventionally, and (occasionally) certified organic fruits & vegetables.
-If you are coming to the market, no reservations/subscriptions are necessary. Just stop by the market on any of our days (Sat.-Sun 10am-5pm, Mon.- Fri. 10am-7pm) and pick up a weekly local produce box!
We do not have boxes on Friday (by choice) and we occasionally run out of boxes on Monday. To check availability on Mondays, head on over to our facebook page. We post every Monday morning to alert you to shortages or substitutions of the box.
The Box for Saturday, December 20th through Monday, December 22nd.*
- Brussels Sprouts (Fekete Farm, Hungarian Settlement, LA)
- Collards (Fekete Farm, Hungarian Settlement, LA)
- Organic Chinese Broccoli (Inglewood Organics, Alexandria, LA)
- Green Onions (Fekete Farm, Hungarian Settlement, LA)
- Creole Tomatoes (Cajun Growers, Cut Off, LA)
- Shiitake Mushrooms (MSNP, New Hebron, MS)
- Popcorn Rice (Campbell Farm, Gueydan, LA)
- Cilantro (Solar Earth, New Orleans, LA; Grow Your Own, New Orleans, LA)
- Siberian Kale (Pointe Coupee Minority Growers Coop, Bachelor, LA)
- Rainbow Carrots (Covey Rise Farm, Husser, LA)