What's In the Box?
About the Weekly Local Produce Box
-For $25, customers can purchase a share of local produce from our network of farmers in Louisiana & southern Mississippi. The produce in the box is a mix of naturally (organic methods, but not certified), conventionally, and (occasionally) certified organic fruits & vegetables.
-If you are coming to the market, no reservations/subscriptions are necessary. Just stop by the market on any of our days (Sat.-Sun 10am-5pm, Mon.- Fri. 10am-7pm) and pick up a weekly local produce box!
We do not have boxes on Friday (by choice) and we occasionally run out of boxes on Monday. To check availability on Mondays, head on over to our facebook page. We post every Monday morning to alert you to shortages or substitutions of the box.
The Box for Saturday, November 1st through Monday, November 3rd.*
- Organic Bok Choi (Inglewood Organic Farm, Alexandria, LA)
- Naturally Grown Herbs (Hollygrove Farm, New Orleans, LA; Solar Earth, New Orleans, LA)
- Lettuce Head (Salad Days Farm, Flora, MS)
- DOUBLE SHARE Satsumas (Star Nursery, Belle Chasse, LA)
- Naturally Grown Shiitake Mushrooms (MSNP, New Hebron, MS)
- Organic Habanero Peppers (Inglewood Organic Farm, Alexandria, LA)
- Frozen Blueberries (J&D Blueberry Farm, Poplarville, MS)
- Blue Lake Green Beans (Vicknair Family Farm, Ponchatoula, LA)
- Butternut Squash (Glaser's Produce, New Roads, LA)
- Green Mustard Frill (Covey Rise Farm, Husser, LA)
- Sweet Potatoes (Pointe Coupee Minority Growers Co-op, Bachelor, LA)
- Green Onions (Covey Rise Farms, Husser, LA)